The other day I saw this classic movie, Wall Street. The plot is not something from the other world but I kind of liked it. You can search for a review or synopsis on the thousands of Internet sites dedicated to this.

The main characters are interpreted by Michael Douglas (the rich man) and Charlie Sheen (the wannabe). Film is co-written and directed by Oliver Stone.

I just kind of like these kind of characters that are so egoistic, that they think they're above everything and are really tough... Michael Douglas makes it believable. I don't know why but I've always enjoyed this kind of men (in movies, only!).

The movie itself is enjoying but that's it, don't expect much more than that. But I really enjoyed watching it in one of those dontwannareallydonothing days.

The sad thing is... I didn't get rich. Maybe I have to play stock exchange =).

The day after I talked about it and my father (which is economist; in fact both my parents are), started talking to me about Soros, and some of his strategies in the stock exchange an all. Seems like a pretty interesting person.

Quotes of the day:
"The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I've still got a lot to teach you." - Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas in "Wall Street")

"The most valuable commodity I know of is information." - Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas in "Wall Street")

"There's no nobility in poverty." - Bud Fox (Charlie Sheen in "Wall Street")