A couple of weeks ago I finished reading this awesome book. I read it in English which I think it was quite a good decission due to what I've heard from people who read it in Spanish.

This was a pretty controversial book when it was first edited around the 50s. I didn't find it sooooo outrageous... but I suppose you always have to figure the time and social context there was back there.

I enjoyed it a lot, either the style, the characters, and the story. There are parts in it you just laugh wheter you're in a crowded bus or at home, and others where it makes you travel to other place in your mind, and finally some other where you can't help feeling sorry.
Anyway, I recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet.

As you can always learn something through Wikipedia... there some side-notes who helped the black legend of the book grow even more. This are... John Lenon's killer, Mark David Chapman, had this book with him when he killed the music star. Besides, John Hinckley Jr., the man who supposedly shot Ronald Reagan was also kind of obssesed with this book. I don't personally believe in all these "you know this amazing thing?!?!?!?!?", but there they are for whoever who cares.

The book, at present, is an obligatory reading in most of USA high-schools.


Quote of the day: "I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything." - John Steinbeck